Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Book Club Presentation Planning

Tue- Write scripts
Wed- Combine scripts + put into technology
Th- Combine the technology
Fri- Presentation!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Reporter (Maddy): Good morning ladies and gentlemen! For our little talk show today, I was going to do this do this whole long introduction where I would tell you that you’re watching this live on bookclubkids dot edu, and that your Kinokuniya shopping list would have the title of our latest book on it. Also, you were going to be hearing a live interview with not only Mr. Byron Watson, but also with a bunch of other heroic characters!
Kenny (Rohan) (on phone) : Would you please stop stalling and get to the point?! There’s been a major crisis and you’re just babbling on about your silly show like the awful event didn’t happen in the same very church where my sister was having Sunday school!
Reporter: Oh my goodness! How on earth did you let me forget!
This is breaking news now! show and we are now talking to Mr.Byron Watson who's family was near the church when the explosion occurred. Byron, what were you doing there in Alabama (play vocaroo Summary/Vocab) (pause after answered)What is happening?(play vocaroo setting and visualization) (pause after answered) Are all your family members including your brother and sister safe now? (play vocaroo character focus) (finish vocaroo)
Thank you for your call and that was Byron with that phone call. Good luck back there in Birmingham. Oh, well looks like we are out of time. We will keep you updated on this situation as soon as we get more reports. Thank You for watching.
[camera off]
Reporter: Oh! What's this piece of paper? It appears to be a photograph!
Aditya: Hey! I've been looking all over the place for that! Give it back!
Reporter: But it is it a picture of?
Aditya: This is  Kenny Watson, who is being saved by Byron Watson in his Wool the Pooh adventure!
{explain the picture}
Reporter: Oh... that's interesting! Very cool! How did you manage to get such a nice photograph?
Aditya- well....
[camera on]
{Aditya gets shooed off the set}
{Question1}
Well it all started when we were living back in Flint in our old house so my Momma and Daddy sent me to this place for a punishment they call it lesson, so I could learn. I pulled off some stunts but those were totally AWESOME!! Cmon! Making a movie when I shoot down Nazis over the Flint River! Isn’t that cool!
{Question 2}
When we reached there we met our old Gramma Sands and I didn’t want her death to be in my hands so I was freaked out! I ended up savin my bruddah when he stepped in some hole and he was being pulled by something! I wonder what it was. Some people dropped a bomb on a church where my little sister, Joey, was having Sunday school. It was totally scary, but why would you ruin your Sunday by goin to a school?
{Question 3}
Well it was scary as I said before. I don’t know hundred percent but I think everyone is fine. I just wanna know what rascal dropped that bomb! I thought my momma said this was a beautiful and peaceful place! Well, sadly, she was very, very wrong. My bruddah is a total SCAREDY CAT and he believed about Wool Pooh the evil twin of Winnie the Pooh! He got OWNED! That li'le pointdexter! He was all freaked out when bomb blew but Joetta was bunkin that class anyway. Why wouldn't she? I was scared too, but that weirdo was like NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JOETTAAAAAA's GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was pretty sure she'd done somethin like bunkin it since she's related to me so I wasn't very worried. The Wool Pooh joke was hilarious! I guess this trip has brought us together as now we start talkin more and we crack up more jokes and have fun. Before it was argue, cuss, swear, but now he's starting to get his other side of his brain, the common sense side. His other side, the braniac, maths, and school side that is totally unneeded was already developed. Well now everythin's startin to calm down. I think I'm going back to Flint with Momma, Dad, Pointdexter, and Joey soon. I'll feel safer. Well anyway I gotta now. Bye!

(back in flint)
Reporter: Kenny, really, what have you taken from this bombing incident?
Rohan: Well, I-
Anisha- I know! Kenny, you have been under surveillence for 4 months. Including the past few days. you have taken a great deal away. You have learned to appreciate yourself, and others,  and look on the bright side. For example, take when you were collapsed, complaining that it wasn't fair, to Byron-
Nakul- My li'le poindexter he-uh, he whinin' 'bout life no being no fair. He sayin' crazy stuff like what woulda happen' to li'le Joetta when the bomb wen' off? Why he no be a hero? Why he just take a shoe?
Anisha- Yes, yes. Of course. Anyway, Byron, what did you tell him?
Nakul- Well, I-
Anisha- I'll tell you what Byron told Kenny! He said some deep, deep key facts. (read from book that particular part) There are a multitude more reasons for you to revel in how far you've come in learning to appreciate more about yourself and others. Some of these memories are not so great, though. Remember Wool Pooh, Winnie the Pooh's evil twin brother?
Rohan-WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! THE WOOL POOH'S GOING TO GET US! EVERYBODY RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! SAVE YOU SELVES!
Nakul- Kenny the Wool Pooh is not real.
Anisha- Okay, okay. Back to what I was saying.  Almost being killed in a near death experience, Byron managed to save Kenny. What did Kenny have then? Not only a haunting memory, but more appreciation for the wisdom of elders. Once again, Kenny took away appreciation of himself and others surrounding him. Thank you. This is me Anonymous , signing off.
Reporter-FINALLY! THAT WAS A VERY LONG REPORT FOR A VERY SHORT ANSWER! Moving on.

2 comments:

  1. Anisha, my setting part goes with Maya's summary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you still have to add that to somewhere and i will put it here.

    ReplyDelete

Please use this blog to comment on ONLY 'academic' matters or to answer a classmate's academic questions. You must leave your name if you comment. NO SOCIAL NETWORKING ALLOWED on this blog. Thank you. Anisha Nilakantan.