Sunday, 13 November 2011

Weekly Post

            This video was my share of the persuasive international author Margaret Mahy. On the sheet, it was told that my part was supposed to be a powerpoint slide; however, with the information I collected about a main idea and detail of the author, I decided that the suitable form of technology would be a video. The powerpoint slide would be unsuitable because the information is too much for the audience to read in about 3 seconds.



           In writing this week, we learnt about persuading with the 3 h's. Head, heart, and hands. I learnt how to construct effective rhetorical questions for my persuasive writing; additionally, I learnt how statistics can help to persuade the reader.











         Finishing my book, J.K. Rowling: The Wizard Behind Harry Potter, I managed to earn my biography slice of pizza for my genre pizza. Currently, I am working on my fantasy slice, which I will earn from reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Almost a year ago, I had started this book and reached chapter 12, but I made the mistake of watching the movie while reading the book. Upon reaching chapter 12, my family left for our winter vacation. Because of my folly, when I came back I was confused, and left the book. Therefore, it has been harder to make predictions and questions and deeper thinking while reading this book, but I will manage. I expect to get my fantasy slice of pizza on Wednesday or Thursday of this week.   




         Since in math we are studying fractions, which I believe is my weak point, I subjectively think I have improved massively. I learnt different ways of multiplying fractions, and the partial products method has helped me alot. I also refreshed my mind of how to find the LCF using prime factorization.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use this blog to comment on ONLY 'academic' matters or to answer a classmate's academic questions. You must leave your name if you comment. NO SOCIAL NETWORKING ALLOWED on this blog. Thank you. Anisha Nilakantan.